Saturday, September 09, 2006

Short Ends: Schedule Goes up today, Borat breakdown in Toronto, Go Lucia, etc



Hey everyone,

Sorry for the lack of updates on my end. I've been doing some pre-fest work which has taken up a ridiculous amount of time. I'm hoping to be able to fire some more time into updating the blog soon.

- The full VIFF schedule goes up today at noon (pacific), so start making your schedules. Pay particular attention to your venues and running times and you should have yourself one heck of a schedule. On Sunday I'll create a wacky post about how I like to schedule my films with (hopefully) some visual examples. I hope to show you just how bizarre of a VIFF nut I am.

- I haven't been following the Toronto Film Festival coverage as much as I should (I find it too busy of a festival anyway), this story about the Borat screening and the failed projector makes me hope we don't have a similar occurance in Vancouver. The only thing that annoyed me was how Borat, in character, said he wanted to kill the projectionist. "Yeah, because it's the projectionist's fault", I say as I roll my eyes.

- Thanks to my ridiculously cool partner Lucia Santiago Dantes for posting a few pictures of the press conference earlier this week (look down! I'm too lazy to hyperlink!). I'm hoping to be able to post many more VIFF photos as well as open up a gallery closer to festival time. I just purchased a spankin' new digital camera, so I have to put the baby to use!

- More press releases about the film festival: The full Dragons and Tigers lineup along with the Full Canadian Images lineup.

The VIFF master list of films has also been updated.

Jason
efilmcritic.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home